sábado, 15 de agosto de 2009

Golden Throats vol.1

Golden Throats Vol.1 - The Great Celebrity Sing Off.

Another "terrible covers by famous artists" compilation. This is the legendary one, though. The first one to deal with this nasty subject.

This album is like a serial killer making hostages in a primary school and slowly tearing up the pieces of little children. That's not even a metaphor, I mean that literally! For example, Sebastian Cabot's cover of "It Ain't Me Babe" is just dreadful, I don't even have words to describe what I feel for the people who actually recorded this shit.

"Lucy in The Sky with Diamonds"? Worthy of death penalty.
"House of the Rising Sun"? Heresy.

My favourite in dreadfulness is Mr. Tambourine Man, though. I don't know how to demonstrate the amount of horror in this version but showing you a picture of the guy who's singing(yes, he was a member of Star Trek):

"Hey Mr. Tambourine Man, play a song for me."

Setlist:
1 - Leonard Nimoy - Proud Mary (Creedence Clearwater Revival)
2 - Sebastian Caboy - It Ain't me Babe (Bob Dylan)
3 - Eddie Albert - Blowin' in The wind (Bob Dylan)
4 - William Shatner - Lucy in The Sky With Diamonds (Beatles)
5 - Noel Harrison - A Whiter Shade of Pale (Procol Harum)
6 - Frankie Randall - I Can See For Miles (The Who)
7 - Jack Webb - Try a Little Tenderness (?)
8 - Mae West - Twist and Shout (famously recorded by The Beatles)
9 - Andy Griffith - House of The Rising Sun (Traditional?)
10 - William Shatner - Mr. Tambourine Man (Bob Dylan)
11 - Jim Nabors - You Are The Sunshine of My Life (?)
12 - Sebastian Cabot - Like a Rolling Stone (Bob Dylan)
13 - Joel Grey - White Room (Cream)
14 - Leonard Nimoy - If I Had a Hammer (?)

Download 57mb

2 comentários: