quarta-feira, 19 de agosto de 2009

Music Machine - Beyond The Garage

This is one of my other favourite bands from the 60's garage movement. They made a very original sound that combined the traditional amateurish protopunk sound with very werid time signatures and strange riffs, to quote Mark Prindle: "their songs are WeIrD! I mean wEiRd! I mean WEird! weIRD! WeirD! wEIRd! WeiRd! wEIrD! God, the potential permutations are ENDLESS!!!!"

Although nearly every song here is top-notch, it may require a few more listens than usual to get you acquainted with their strange sound. Suffice to say they were leaded by THIS man:

"Mean sideburns and leather gloves, babe."

Setlist:

1. Bottom of the Soul 2. Absolutely Positively 3. Soul Love 4. Somethin Hurtin On Me 5. Affirmative No' 6. The Trap 7. The Eagle Never Hunts the Fly 8. No Girl Gonna Cry 9. Me, Myself and I 10. To the Light 11. Tin Can Beach 12. Time Out (For a Daydream) 13. Astrologically Incompatible 14. Discrepancy 15. Talk Me Down 16. I've Loved You 17. You'll Love Me Again 18. In My Neighborhood 19. Double Yellow Line 20. The Day Today

Download 55mb

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário