domingo, 6 de setembro de 2009

Frank Zappa - You Are What You Is

From Markprindle.com:

"I already owned cheap or free copies of Hot Rats, Uncle Meat, We're Only In It For The Money, Fillmore East June 1971, Apostrophe (`), Strictly Commercial (a "best of" compilation I didn't review here) and Shut Your Mouth With A Guitar, but all of them just made me feel.. Mmm, semi-interested. Like, I could tell that one day I WOULD be a fan because a lot of it seemed really smart, but that day just hadn't come. But You Are What You Is made that day come. The only reason I bought it in the first place was because I was digging through a bunch of cheapy CD bins where the deal was "Buy 9, get a 10th free" and I'd already found 9. I honestly didn't expect to like it at all, but the Moon was shining on Sagitarrius that day because it ended up being my ticket into a splendid world unknown. Suddenly I "GOT" Zappa! And I wanted more more MORE MORE!!!"

If that record made Prindle a Zappa-fan, it can make YOU too.

Side one

  1. "Teen-Age Wind" – 3:02
  2. "Harder Than Your Husband" – 2:28
  3. "Doreen" – 4:44
  4. "Goblin Girl" – 4:07
  5. "Theme from the 3rd Movement of Sinister Footwear" – 3:34

Side two

  1. "Society Pages" – 2:27
  2. "I'm a Beautiful Guy" – 1:56
  3. "Beauty Knows No Pain" – 3:02
  4. "Charlie's Enormous Mouth" – 3:36
  5. "Any Downers?" – 2:08
  6. "Conehead" – 4:24

Side three

  1. "You Are What You Is" – 4:23
  2. "Mudd Club" – 3:11
  3. "The Meek Shall Inherit Nothing" – 3:10
  4. "Dumb All Over" – 5:45

Side four

  1. "Heavenly Bank Account" – 3:44
  2. "Suicide Chump" – 2:49
  3. "Jumbo Go Away" – 3:43
  4. "If Only She Woulda" – 3:48
  5. "Drafted Again" – 3:07

Download Part1
Download Part2

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário