sexta-feira, 2 de outubro de 2009

Yoko Ono - Between My Head and Sky (2009)

When I was just a kid who thought Yoko Ono is no more than the "Woman who broke the Beatles apart", this one fellow came in and showed me how wrong I was.

Very few people know how incredible this japanese lady is. Besides being a very well-known artist since early fifties (when John Lennon was still wearing diapers), and a very special musician, Yoko has already proved to be a wonderful and very humble person. Difficult qualities for musicians, these days.

To record Between My Hand and Sky, Yoko regrouped with the Plastic Ono Band and Sean Lennon. The result is one of her more accesible albuns. It has rocknroll, funk, moving ballads and electronic goofiness.

I wouldn't know about all this, if it wasn't for this old fellow of mine. Today is a special day for him, and this post goes as a homage.


1. Yoko Ono Plastic Ono Band - Waiting For The D Train (2:48)
2. Yoko Ono Plastic Ono Band - The Sun Is Down (4:50)
3. Yoko Ono Plastic Ono Band - Ask The Elephant (3:04)
4. Yoko Ono Plastic Ono Band - Memory Of Footsteps (3:16)
5. Yoko Ono Plastic Ono Band - Moving Mountains (2:54)
6. Yoko Ono Plastic Ono Band - Calling (4:19)
7. Yoko Ono Plastic Ono Band - Healing (4:24)
8. Yoko Ono Plastic Ono Band - Hashire, Hashire (3:35)
9. Yoko Ono Plastic Ono Band - Between My Head And The Sky (5:35)
10. Yoko Ono Plastic Ono Band - Feel The Sand (6:01)
11. Yoko Ono Plastic Ono Band - Watching The Rain (5:31)
12. Yoko Ono Plastic Ono Band - Unon. To (3:18)
13. Yoko Ono Plastic Ono Band - I'm Going Away Smiling (2:52)
14. Yoko Ono Plastic Ono Band - I'm Alive (0:20)
15. Yoko Ono Plastic Ono Band - Higa Noboru (5:45)

Download 98mb

2 comentários:

  1. thanks for this taste of ono ive got a soft spot in my heart for yoko she didnt break up the boys she made john a man

    ResponderExcluir
  2. Wow that was kind of impressive. thanks.

    ResponderExcluir