sexta-feira, 9 de outubro de 2009

[Covers and Tribvtes IX] Jesvs Cristvs - Our Beatles's Favourite Covers

Some really interesting Beatles's covers here for you fellows.
Highlights:
-Echo & the Bunnymen's rendition of Ticked To Ride is sometimes even better than the original. More rocking and straightforward than you could ever imagine.
-Otis Redding's famous Day Tripper soul cover.
-Marianne Faithfull (ex Mick Jagger's girlfriend) singing I'm A Loser in a beautifully sophisticated tone.
-My favourite here is the last song. Booker T & The MG's instrumental version of I Want You (She's so Heavy). Powerful stuff, I tell ya.
-almost every cover here is interesting and worthy, I'll stop being a brat and just let it up to you guys to decide which ones are your favourites.

Enjoy.

1. Echo & The Bunnymen - Ticket to Ride (3:43)
2. Lowell Fulson - Why Don't We Do It in the Road? (3:46)
3. 801 feat. Manzanera & Brian Eno - Tomorrow Never Knows (6:08)
4. Teenage Fanclub - Tell Me What You See (2:53)
5. Otis Redding - Day Tripper (3:15)
6. Siouxsie & The Banshees - Helter Skelter (3:48)
7. Nils Lofgren - Any Time At All (2:44)
8. Little Junior Parker - Taxman (3:46)
9. The Damned - Help (1:25)
10. Marianne Faithfull - I'm a Loser (2:15)
11. 10cc - Across the Universe (3:36)
12. V/A Beatles Covers - Why Don't We Do It In The Road? - I Wanna Hold Your Hand / Al Green (2:18)
13. Peter Sellers - She Loves You (2:03)
14. Steve Harley & Cockney Rebel - Here Comes The Sun (2:58)
15. rainer ptacek - within you without you
16. Laibach -One After 909
17. Billy Bragg - Revolution (front + back covers required)
18. Joe Cocker - I`ll Cry Instead
19. Booker T. and the MGs - I Want You (She's So Heavy)

Download 97mb

Um comentário: